Whether you’re on a full ketogenic diet or merely looking to decrease your carbohydrate intake, a good quality, keto friendly protein powder will be an invaluable tool in your arsenal.
- 1 7 Best Keto Protein Powder Reviews 2021
- 2 How to Pick The Right Keto Protein Powder For Your Needs?
- 3 Final Verdict
Many people wonder whether they can take protein powder on keto, and what protein powder is good for a keto diet. We’re here to say that you absolutely can and should take incorporate protein powders in your keto diet.
Here are the list of the Best Keto Protein Powder in the market:
- Keto Collagen
- Orgain Keto
- Perfect Keto
- Kiss My Keto
- Ancient Nutrition
- Slimquick Pure Keto
Protein aids healthy muscle maintenance and is one of three core macronutrients your body needs to survive.
After hours of trying and testing various offerings, we have come up with seven top contenders for the top spot. We’ve come to the opinion that Keto Collagen Protein Powder is the best.
It gives you a great range of MCTs and electrolytes, combined with good quality protein, all with a smooth, lovely taste.
Top Products According to Experts
Kiss My Keto
There are a few things we are looking for in good quality keto friendly protein powders.
Firstly, know your audience. Public opinion should always matter when you’re talking about widely available health and fitness supplements.
Consumers are the harshest critics and the people with the most experience of living with a product.
All of the products on our list are ranked highly online, with a wealth of positive feedback and reviews. This means they are well-tested by the people who matter the most: those who need to live with the products!
Read on for our keto protein powder reviews.
7 Best Keto Protein Powder Reviews 2021
1. Keto Collagen Protein Powder
Keto Collagen Protein Powder combines collagen, MCT Oils and essential electrolytes to offer a host of benefits. These are above and beyond what many similar products offer.
This keto protein powder is hydrolysed. This means you can enjoy maximum absorption and make the most out of its benefits.
Keto Collagen Protein Powder contains MCT Oil Powder. This will aid in ketosis and also make the absorption of the powder’s protein content a lot more efficient.
Keto Collagen combines collagen, MCT Oils, and essential electrolytes to offer a host of benefits. This will aid in ketosis and also make the absorption of the powder’s protein content a lot more efficient.
The flavor is very nice. The powder mixes into water, shakes, smoothies, and milks incredibly well giving you a lovely smooth beverage.
If you want to add it to your coffee, MCT works as a lovely, milk free creamer.
- Simply mix one scoop with 8-12 oz of whatever drink you’re having it in. Drink it any time of the day, with or without a meal.
- You will want to have 1-2 servings per day or take as directed by your healthcare or fitness advisor.
- One serving contains 78 calories, with 10g of protein. There are 20 servings per container.
2. Perfect Keto Collagen
Perfect Keto recommend taking their protein powder in the morning as a breakfast or as a pre-workout fuel. It will also work well as a post-workout protein hit, or as a meal replacement or snack any time of the day.
The protein and MCT oil powder will lead to appetite satiation and will give you much needed muscle fuel.
Dissolves easily into your favorite drink or beverage without any need of a blender. Mix easily into water, coffee, shakes, smoothies, yogurt or oatmeal.
It has a lot of flavors to choose from with chocolate flavor being the best-seller.
- Each serving gives you 10g of collagen protein and 5g of pure MCT oil powder to support your ketosis.
- There are 20 servings in each container for such an affordable price.
- Made from healthful ingredients like acacia fibre, sea salt, stevia leaf extract, collagen hydrolyzed bovine, and MCT oil powder.
3. Orgain Keto Protein Powder
Orgain Keto Protein Powder is another product on this list that combines the benefits of ketogenic diets with collagen. It will serve as a perfect supplement to your ketogenic diet, providing constant, slow release energy.
Orgain Chocolate Keto Collagen Protein Powder with MCT Oil provides an ideal 2: 1 ratio of protein to fat. You get 10 grams of grass fed, pasture raised collagen peptides hydrolysate (types I and III) per serving, alongside 5 grams of MCT oil powder from coconuts.
The collagen also supports strong hair and nails, healthy bones, and will give you radiant skin so that you look as healthy as you feel.
- Paleo and keto friendly.
- Contains zero net carbs, is dairy free, lactose free, gluten free, soy free, and has no added sugar.
- Mixes easily into smoothies, baked good, coffee, or any beverage.
- It will be a delicious, convenient addition to your Keto diet.
4. Kiss My Keto Collagen
Kiss My Keto have come up with a lovely product, here. You get a delicious chocolate flavour that is incredibly easy to mix and gentle on your stomach. If you sometimes have gastric or digestive trouble on the keto diet, this is a good one for you.
It absorbs really well and doesn’t cause bloating, unlike a lot of comparable protein powders. It isn’t oily at all, instead giving a lovely, velvety texture.
Simply mix a scoop with 8oz of your favorite beverage. It works well and can be mixed in with coffee, smoothies, and of course plain water.
- The collagen is from 100% grass-fed bovine hydrolyzed collagen peptides.
- Kiss My Keto don’t use any sugars or fillers such as maltodextrin, sweeteners or preservatives, corn starch, other chemicals or additives. Instead, it is just MCT Oil, Cocoa Powder, Natural Flavors, Salt, Stevia Leaf Extract.
- You get 25 servings per container. Each serving gives you 10g of protein and 35g of fat.
5. Ancient Nutrition
Ancient Nutrition make some big claims about their keto protein powder. They call it a breakthrough, first of its kind product.
There is some rationale to this. Though there are many other keto protein powders on the market, few boast quite the range of extras that Ancient Nutrition bring to the table.
It is a whole food, near enough. It is a bone broth protein which means that you get all the additional nutritional value that you would usually expect of bone broth, alongside the protein and fats you need from a good quality keto protein powder.
Ancient Nutrition’s protein powder is Non-GMO, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Soy Free, and Grain Free. You get 15 grams of whole food protein per serving, alongside 11 grams of healthy fats and 3 grams of carbs.
- In addition, it delivers caffeine to boost energy, ashwagandha extract, reishi mushrooms and other herbs designed to burning fat rather than glucose as its primary fuel source.
- It is also really tasty and easy to use. The chocolate flavouring is nice and it mixes very well with smoothies and milk.
- Your get 17 servings per tub.
6. Slimquick Pure - Keto Lose 25lbs.
Slimquick’s keto protein powder is very tasty. The French Vanilla flavour is particularly good, and none of the flavours carry the synthetic edge that many protein powders do.
It will help a great deal with appetite satiation whilst giving you a good energy boost. You will also likely find that you drop a lot of water weight above and beyond what other products might give you.
This excess water reduction brings its own benefits, but mostly will help you to meet your weight loss goals.
Slimquick’s protein powder compound is very impressive mixture includes:
- green tea extract (hence the increased energy and fat burn)
- phosphatidylcholine from sunflower lecithin
- probiotics for stomach health
- combination of whey protein concentrate and pea protein isolate
- all natural flavours and taurine (energy booster)
You get 11g of fat and 7g of protein per serving. Each container gives you 26 servings.
7. Isopure Zero Carb
Isopure’s Zero Carb protein powder is a fantastic, keto friendly protein powder.
Protein powders like these are best used between meals as snacks to improve satiation throughout the day or as post-workout shakes. Either way, they should be used to increase the amount of protein you take in each day.
It delivers a 100% pure whey protein isolate. This is a high-quality protein source, perfect for supporting hypertrophy (muscle growth.) It also comes with zero carbs, so that it fits nicely with ketosis.
Simply mix into a shake or smoothie with your favourite ingredients and enjoy.
- You get 25 grams of good quality protein per serving, and each container gives you 40+ servings.
- You get little else with this. Though it contains no MCTs or added goodies, Isopure’s Zero Carb Protein Powder is perhaps the best keto friendly protein powder on the market right now.
How to Pick The Right Keto Protein Powder For Your Needs?
There are a few things to consider when looking for the best protein powder for the keto diet.
First of all is palatability.
How easy is it to consume on a regular basis, how pleasant is it, and what are the flavours like? If you need to take a protein powder day in, day out, often multiple times per day, then it needs to be palatable.
A horrible tasting, poorly mixed protein powder with a terrible texture will put you off and make your diet that much harder to stick to.
All of the offerings on our list are great tasting. They mix well with various drinks- water, milk, coffee, smoothies, anything you want, really. The texture produced is pleasant and the overall result is a nice, easily consumed beverage.
Secondly, we want the ingredients to be competitive. This means a couple of things.
They need to be diverse and workable. Our winning pick, Keto Collagen Protein Powder, is much more than just a protein powder. The MCTs and electrolytes are essential in maintaining good health and hitting your goals on the keto diet.
The ingredients also need to be good quality. Not all MCTs are created equal, for example. Ideally, you want them derived from sources like coconut oil, rather than fat-inducing and environmentally damaging sources like palm oil.
All of the products we have included on our list have good quality ingredients, and all of them have something to offer beyond an average protein shake.
This leads us to our final point. Everything needs to be keto friendly- obviously! These products all contain zero or negligible carbs. Most of them come packed with MCTs to aid ketosis, and all of them give you a good protein kick without any fuss.
They will all allow you to bump up your protein intake without breaking ketosis.
Keto Collagen Protein Powder
Keto Collagen Protein Powder is suitable for keto diets, of course. With zero net carbs, it won't compromise your low carb diet. You also won’t have any nasty blood sugar spikes when taking it.
It is also suitable for those on paleo diets.
The flavor is lovely and the powder itself is very easy to work with. It mixes well into water, shakes, smoothies and milks.
Because of all of these factors combined, Keto Collagen Protein Powder is the best bet for keeping you straight on a ketogenic diet.
On top of consumer experience, expert critics are vital for determining which products are the best. All of the feedback we have given is based on our own professional experience. Ingredients lists have been looked at carefully, the macros broken down and the benefits and costs weighed.
Doing all of this, we came up with the seven top keto protein powders in our list.
Doing all of this, Keto Collagen Protein Powder came up trumps. It’s a hands down winner.